Tuesday, February 3, 2009

From My Second Home City

I went home to Bombay recently, but somehow ended up with pictures only of the people I love, not the places :-S

Then I realised that this blog doesn't have anything at all yet from another city I consider home, so here are some images from the best part of Abu Dhabi, the incredibly gorgeous Corniche Road.

The setting sun silhouettes the Emirates Palace Hotel.

sunset_corniche

One perfect evening when I happened to have my camera, and nature did all the rest :)

goldenrd_corniche

Corniche Road glows gold under the reflected light of the sun.

The last colours of daylight.

11 comments:

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

thats how it ends up often, when you are visiting places which feel like home...

love the light in them, particularly the golden Corniche Road :)

Salomie said...

Moi - yeah, those evenings when the sky lit up like that were few & far between. Those evenings when I happened to have my camera along were even fewer, which is why these shots are very dear to me!

Reflections said...

U've captured the lighting esp. in the 3rd & the last wonderfully.

Its difficult to get tht mood...I shd know:-S

Salomie said...

Reflections - thank you! Like I was telling Moi, evenings when the light was like this were very rare. So I didn't have to do anything except click!

sayrem said...

pictures do tell a thousand words....

keep clicking. Ill be back :)

Anonymous said...

hey conriche picture is gorgeous!

Salomie said...

Sayrem - thanks for the visit & the encouragement :)


Roopscoop - thanks for the visit & the comment :)

Preeti Shenoy said...

LOVED the way the colours of the sky merge into each other effortlessly and cast their luminance on everything around!
Well captured.
Thanks for stopping by.
Cheers
preeti

Salomie said...

Preeti - Luminance!!! That's just the word I was hunting for! Thank you too for the visit :)

workhard said...

I love the yellow in the pictures. the reflected light...IT is just heavenly...


Write poetry

Salomie said...

Workhard - yeah, I took a curve on the sidewalk and then all of a sudden the road ahead was just lit up like that....as you said, just heavenly!!!